GO 53 has been issued by the School Education Dept(Prog.I) regarding the conversion of schools into English medium school. AP GO 53, Success Schools Conversion into full-fledged English Medium Schools in 13 districts of AP . Go Ms No.53 Success Schools from 6th to 10th Conversion into English Medium Schools. The complete GO 53 Dt:14/08/2015 is as follows.
Before bifurcation of AP state , after consultations with various stake-holders and parents of students 6500 Govt , Zilla Parishad, Municipal High Schools were identified for introduction of English Medium under the SUCCESS programme. Now only 3428 schools are functioning in the State of AP. As per the G.O.Ms.No.76 Edn (SE Trg) Department, Dated:10-06-2008. Government had issued instructions for introduction of English Medium Sections in a parallel section in 6500 identified Govt Sector and also to prepare schedule for training of teachers to improve English Language skills and strengthening the District Centers for English in all Districts.
Based on the analysis of the 2014-15 DISE data and from the preliminary rationalization exercise undertaken during July, 2014, the following are found.
- Out of the 4,976 High Schools (Government / Zilla Parishad / Municipal), 3,428 are the designated SUCCESS Schools with parallel English Medium.
- Total enrollment in both Telugu and English Medium in the SUCCESS Schools is 13,39,180
- Out of the total enrollment, enrollment in English Medium sections is 4,20,066 (31.36 %)
- 1647 SUCCESS Schools have more than 100 students enrolled in English Medium sections.
- 1781 SUCCESS Schools have less than 100 students enrolled in English Medium Sections.
AP Govt permit the Commissioner of School Education, A.P. Hyderabad, to convert SUCCESS Schools as full-fledged English Medium School from 6th to 10th from the Academic Year 2015-16 with the following course of action.
- Only those SUCCESS Schools where the enrollment in English Medium is more than 100 be converted to exclusive English Medium in phase-I. The Telugu Medium sections shall be shifted to nearby High School within 2 Km. distance.
- If there is no High Schools within radius of 2 Km. and if one UPS is existing with adequate class rooms, the same shall be upgraded into High School to accommodate Telugu Medium students.
- In case two High Schools (one for Boys and one for Girls or both Co-Education) are functioning in the same premises Gram Panchayat / Location one school shall be converted exclusively as English Medium School. The Second School shall be made as Exclusive Telugu medium. In such case, both the school will become Co-Education schools. This is to prevent any likely drop out of students due to conversion as exclusive English / Telugu medium Schools.
Success School Admissions for 2015-16
- From the academic year 2015-16, the admissions in 6th Class in those schools converted exclusively as English Medium SUCCESS Schools shall be made in English Medium only and this shall be made to progressively move to full-fledged English Medium by the time they reach IX and X Class.
- Medium of Instruction for VII and VIII Classes in these Schools is English.
- Students in IX and X Class in these exclusively converted English Medium SUCCESS Schools shall be allowed to continue their studies in Telugu Medium, so as not to disturb their level of preparation for the SSC Common Examinations in 2015-16 & 2016-17.
Success School Teacher related
- DEO’s shall be instructed to identify teachers who are eager and enthusiastic to teach in English Medium schools and who already trained in English. Such Teachers shall be posted in the proposed full-fledged English Medium Schools.
- All required handholding be provided to Teachers to update their skills and competencies to teach in English, by way of refresher training in English and English Teaching. This shall be done through partnerships with UNICEF, British Council, English & Foreign Language University (EFLU), Regional Institute of English (RIE), Mysore. To make them ready and prepared for the next academic year, the training shall be imparted during Summer Holidays by giving eligible compensation for the same. This should enable them to teach in English with ease from 2015-16.
- In all future DSCs, English Medium shall be made mandatory at least 3 levels for Teacher recruitment.
- All efforts shall be made to strengthen DIETs to meet the English training needs of the Teachers in the District.
- The requirement of teachers as per the staffing pattern and as per teacher pupil ratio is to be provided in the upgraded Upper Primary School.
- The teachers in the both the High schools will be as per staffing pattern prescribed and as per teacher pupil ratio. If found surplus teacher will be shifted to other needy schools.
- While giving posting orders to teachers in exclusive English Medium Schools, Telugu Medium teachers with English Medium background i.e, in Degree & P.G. levels & willing to teach in English shall be given preference.
Text Books, Teacher Handbooks & Training
- Students enrolling in VI or moving to Class VII and Class VIII will be provided English Medium Text Books only. A revised indent shall be sent to Text Book Press keeping the revised need for English Language Text Books. The Director, Text Book Press shall be instructed to print and supply sufficient number of English Medium Books before the commencement of the academic year.
- Supplementary Teachers’ Hand Book / Module shall be developed and printed in English covering all the subjects on priority by SCERT and Text Book Press. These shall be supplied to all the teachers teaching in English Medium with teachers Handbooks and Workbooks in bilingual.
- Fifteen Days of Training in English Teaching to teachers posted in exclusive English Medium schools shall be done in different spells throughout the year.
- Support of NGOs and professional organizations shall be put in place for these English Medium Schools for improving English teaching skills of the teachers.
- All the required posts for English Medium for VI, VII, VIII Classes in the said schools shall be filled up. Where vacancies persist, Academic Instructors educated and trained in English Medium teaching shall be hired on temporary basis.
Download Success Schools Conversion into English Medium Schools 6th to 10th Classes Click Here
Read More Rationalization GOs
- AP Schools Rationalization Guidelines Proposals
- GO 98 AP Employees Transfers Ban Relaxing up to 15th August
- GO 211 Revised Transfer Instructions AP Govt Employees
- AP Teachers Transfers on 8th August , Web Counselling, Rationalization
- Rc No 25 Rationalization, Model PS Establishment Latest Guidelines
- AP Schools Rationalization Guidelines Proposals PS, UPS, HS
- GO No.57 AP Employees General Transfers Guidelines
- Teachers Inter District Transfers Apply Online Form