National Means Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS) 2015-16 Scholarships notification has been issued by the Director of Government Examinations, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad. NMMS is a centrally sponsored Scholarship scheme for meritorious students belong to economically weaker sections to continue their studies at secondary stage to pause the dropout rate after VIII Class.
Overview NMMS 2015-16
- Online Application for NMMS 2015-16 Click Here
- Last date of submission of online application : 19/09/2015 (Saturday)
- Last date for taking DDs by Head Master concerned : 23/09/2015(Wednesday)
- Last date for submission of NRs and DDs to DEO by HM : 26-09-2015 (Saturday)
- Last date for submission NRs to DSE, ,Hyderabad : 30-09-2015 (Wednesday)
Scholarship Rs. 6000/- per annum
The awardee will receive a sum of Rs. 6000/- per annum . Selected students should open a joint account with their parents in any SBI(State Bank of India) / Nationalized Banks with core banking facility/ESC facility. The Ministry for Human Resource Development, New Delhi will sanction the scholarships and adjust to such list to the SBI, New Delhi for disbursement of scholarships to the awardees. The candidate will get the scholarship amount through SBI.
Eligibility to NMMS 2015-16
Nearly one lakh students will be selected throughout India. Out of this 4087 scholarships are being allotted to residuary Andhra Pradesh and these distributed among 13 districts. The NMMS examination is conducted every year in the month of November for the students who are studying at present in VIII class in Government/ Local Body/Municipal/Aided Schools are eligible for this examination. The students who got minimum 55% of marks for OC/BC candidates and 50% for SC/ST in VII Standard can apply for the NMMS .
As per the State Norms including 3% reservation for P.H candidates. For S.C 15%; S.T 6%; B.C-A 7%; B.C-B 10%; B.C-C 1%; B.C-D 7%, regarding BC-E implementation in NMMS Examination will be considered after receipt of clarification from the government.
Pattern of Examination
- Mental Ability Test (M.A.T) – 90 marks (multiple choice questions)
- Scholastic Ability Test (S.A.T) – 90 marks covering social science, science and mathematics of class VII & VIII. Each question carry one mark
Qualifying Percentage in Exam
The percentage of qualifying is 40% to the general candidates, for BC 35%. In the case of SC/ST/PH the qualifying percentage is 25%.
The examination fee is as per the Govt vide G.O Rt No.713 dated 25/09/2008, permitted the Director of Government Examinations to collect Rs.100/- for OC/BC and Rs. 50/- from S.C/S.T towards examination fee.