Overview JNVST 2018
- The last date for uploading online application in the office of Common Service Centre is 25/11/2017
- Entrance Examination is on 10/02/2018(Saturday) at 11.30 A.M.
Issue of JNVST-2018 Admit Cards is 15th January 2018 (Monday)
Medium of Instructions
The medium of instruction for the new admission students in VI Class in JNVs is the mother tongue or regional language. From Class VIII English is the medium for Maths and Science and Hindi for Social Science. Students of the JNVs appear for X and XII class examinations of the Central Board of Secondary Education(CBSE) and follow the CBSE syllabus. Free text books and boarding, lodging, uniforms.
List of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
At present, there are 598 (576+22) Vidyalayas are sanctioned in 28 States and 07 Union Territories. Out of which 591(573+18) are functioning.
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) – 2018
The JNVST 2018 entrance test for the admission of VI Class in all JNVs for the academic 2018-19 is conducted different dates based in the division of states and the last date for submission of application at concerned MEO/DEO office .
Fee Structure Details
While studying in the schools is free including boarding, lodging, uniforms and textbooks, a nominal fee of Rs. 600/- p.m is collected from the students of Classes IX to XII only. For Govt. employees childrens who are eligible for children education allowance, fee @ Rs.1500/- per month has to be paid. For SC/ST, Girls, PH and from families whose income is below poverty line (BPL) are exempted from payment of fee.
Medium of JNVST 2018 Test.
The JNVST 2018 entrance exam language/medium is the candidate will be the medium through which the candidate is studying in Class-V.
JNVST 2018 Entrance Question Paper Composition
The composition of JNVST 2018 entrance test is consist three sections with only 100 objective type questions. Each objective question carries one mark and total 100 marks.
Type of Test Number of Questions Marks Duration Mental ability Test 50 50 60 Minutes Arithmetic Test 25 25 30 Minutes Language Test 25 25 30 Minutes Total 100 100 2 Hours
Selection and Admission Process
- At the time of seeking admission JNV after the JNVST 2018 results, each selected candidate will have to produce all relevant certificates, as prescribed by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. Until admission, the selection is provisional.
- The decision of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti(NVS) shall be final and binding on the candidates in case of any disputes.
- Marks obtained by candidates in the JNVST 2018 test will not be communicated under any circumstances.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer scripts, no request for re-totaling of marks will be entertained.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs) will have to produce a certificate of the Caste/Tribe at the time of seeking admission, if selected.
- Candidates belonging to the disabled category (Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped) if selected will have to produce a medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned at the time of admission.
- Aspirants appearing for the selection JNVST 2018-19 test must be studying in Class-V for the academic session 2018-19.
- A candidate seeking admission must not have been born before 01-05-2005 and after 30-04-2009.
- A Candidate seeking JNV admission under rural quota must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school spending one full academic session each year in a school located in rural area.
- A Candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before 15th September, 2018 is not eligible to apply JNV selections.
- No candidate is eligible to appear in the selection test second time, under any circumstances.
Selection Process of Rural Areas Children
- At least 75% of the seats in JNV in a district will be filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats will be filled from the urban areas of the district.
- A candidate who is seeking admission in JNV under the rural quota must have studied in Classes-III, IV and V completing full academic session from the recognized school(s) located in rural areas.
- Candidates who is studying under the schemes of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan(SSA) and National Institute of Open Schooling should produce their rural status certificate issued by District Magistrate/ Tehsildar/MRO/Block Development Officer.
Reservation of Seats in JNV
- 75% of the seats of JNV in a district are filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats are filled from urban areas of the district.
- Reservation of seats in favour of children belonging to SC and ST is provided in proportion to their population in the concerned district provided that no district, such reservation will be less than the national average (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST) but subject to maximum of 50% for both the categories (SC & ST) taken together.
- One third of the total seats are filled up by girls students
- 3% seats are reserved for disabled children (i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped).
- Download JNVST 2018 Application Form Click Here