APSET 2017 which is popularly known as Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test. APSET 2017 notification has been releases by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Andhra University is conducting the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APSET) for the year 2017. The State Eligibility Test (SET) is completely based on the pattern of the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC. The APSET-2017 examination is conducting in 31 subjects as per the UGC grated norms.
Schedule of Examination
The Schedule of examination dates for conducting APSET-2017 examination is as follows
- APSET Notification: 19th March 2017
- Commencement of Submission of Online Applications :30th March 2017
- Last date for Submission of Online Applications Without Late Fee (Only Registration Fee) : 10th May 2017
- With a Late fee of Rs. 1,000 +Registration Fee : 17th May 2017
- With a Late fee of Rs. 2,000 +Registration Fee : 24th May 2017
- With a Late fee of Rs. 5,000 +Registration Fee (Examination at Visakhapatnam Centre only) : 10th June 2017
- Date of examination : 30th July 2017
- Chemical Sciences Communication
- Computer Science &Applications
- Education Science
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Journalism & Mass
- Life Sciences
- Library & Information
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Education
- Political Sciences
- Public Administration
- Social work
The examination will be conducted in 6 regional centres . They are as follows.
- Rajamahendravaram (Rajamundry)
- Ananthapur and
The syllabus prescribed by by UGC-CSIR and UGC-NET for paper-I, Paper-II and paper-III without negative marks be adopted for APSET.
- The question paper-I : which is common for all the candidates appearing APSET will be bilingual (English & Telugu).
- The question paper-II : and paper-III will be bi-lingual for specific subjects viz; 1. Commerce 2. Economics 3. Education 4. History 5. Political Science 6. Public Administration 7. Sociology and 8. Social Work.
- The question paper-II and paper-III : of all other subjects (except Languages) will be in English only.
APSET 2017 Registration Fee
1) General: Rs.1000,
2) BC category: Rs. 800 and
3) SC/ST/PH/VH: Rs. 500.
The Registration for AP-SET would be through online application and requisite fee is paid through Credit/Debit card/NET banking.
Aspirants who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree or equivalent examinations from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing for the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991(irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects may appear in a related subject.