NTSE 2016-17 notification has been issued by the Telangana Education Department for a national level scholarship program. This NTSE Scholarship exam is intended to identify high academic talent among students. The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) 2016-17 will be conducted on 08/11/2016 from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM in Telugu/Hindi/Urdu/English media at all ten district head quarters of Telangana. For complete details regarding NTSE 2016 login the website http://bsetelangana.org
TS NTSE 2016-17 Overview
- Last date for submission of Application to the HM : 31/08/2016
- Last date to submit DEO by HM : 16/09/2016
- Last date to submit NRs by DEO to Director of Examinations: 02/09/2016
- Examination Fee : Rs 100/- Date of Examination : 06/11/2016(Sunday) from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM
- Exam Centers : All District Head Quarters
Aspirants who are willing to apply NTSE 2016-17, must be studying in Class-X for the academic year 2016-17 in any recognized school or affiliated to ICSE and CBSE including Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Download NTSE 2016-17 Exmination Application Click Here
NTSE Exam Pattern
The NTSE consists MAT( Mental Ability Test) and Scholastic Aptitude Test(SAT). These two MAT and SAT are multiple choice questions. Each question carries four multiple choice questions and each carries one mark. Number of questions for MAT is 50 and for SAT 90 marks. In addition to MAT and SAT candidates will be test Language Comprehensive Test for 40 Marks. The Language Comprehensive Test is for qualifying purpose only but for deciding final merit list for the candidates.
The National Talent Search Examination will be conducted for students studying at the Class X level. The examination consists of tests, namely Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The items in the MAT and SAT are multiple choice questions. Each question has four alternatives. The candidate has to select one correct answer from the given alternatives and mark its number in the answer-sheet as per instructions given on the answer sheet. Each correct answer carries one mark. Thus, the total score of a candidate in a test is equal to the number of questions answered correctly by him/her.
- Part-I: Mental Ability Test (MAT) + Language (English / Local Language)
- Part-II: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The selection process for award of NTS Scholarship is consist two stages. The students who are qualified in the in stage-I will be eligible to appear for stage-II examination, which will be conducted by NCERT.
Syllabus for the Examination
For first level Exam the syllabus is Mathematics, Science and Social Science is broadly based on the prescribed respective State Board Syllabus from Std 9th to 10th class. And for Second level exam Mental Ability test(MAT): 50 questions 50 marks, Language test : 50 questions 50 marks, Scholastic Aptitude test (SAT): 100 questions 100 marks (40 questions from Science, 20 questions from maths, 40 questions from SST), SAT: The mathematics and science questions from the chapters of class 9 and 10. The Language test is only for qualification purpose, it is not counted in merit list.
NTSE Examination Fee
Candidates who are eligible for NTSE 2016-17 has to pay Rs 100/- towards examination fee. The examination fee has to be paid in form of Challan to the following Head of Account.
- 0202 Education, Sports and Culture
- 01 General Education
- 102 Secondary Education
- 06 Director of Government Examination
- 800 User Charges
- DDO Code: 25000303001
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATE
- Candidate belonging to SC/ST/PH categories should enclose a copy of the Caste/Disability certificate along with the application form, Otherwise they will be treated as GENERAL category.
- Make sure that the Admit Card is not detached from the filled in application. Candidate can collect the Admit Card from the District Educational Officer’s office concerned at least one week before the examination.
- Reach the Examination Centre at least half- an- hour before the commencement of the examination; and occupy the seat which is allotted to your Roll Number.
- DO NOT take calculator, Mathematical & Physical table, cell phones or any other kind of ready reckoner to the examination hall.
- The examination will be conducted between 06/11/2016(Sunday) from 10.00 AM to 01.00 PM.
- You have to take the examination as follows:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) consisting of 50 compulsory questions for 50 marks.
- Language Comprehensive Test consisting of 40 compulsory questions for 40 marks. This test will be qualifying in nature and marks will not be added for deciding final merit list of the candidate.
- Aptitude Test consisting of 90 compulsory questions for 90 marks from eight subjects (History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics).
- Each question carries 1 (one) mark.
- Write your Roll Number, as given in the Admit Card, on the OMR Answer Sheet and on the cover page of the Question Booklet in the space provided.
- DO NOT write your name in any part of the Question Booklet or the OMR Answer Sheet.
- All questions in the booklets are objective type. For each question FOUR or FIVE possible answers are given but only one is correct. Your task is to find out the correct answer and mark your choice in the OMR Answer Sheet.
- Please follow the instructions given on the OMR while shading the answers in the OMR answer sheet.
- During the Examination follow the instructions of the Invigilator strictly.
- Handover your OMR answer sheet to the Invigilator before you leave the Examination Hall. You shall retain your Admission card for your future reference.
- Download Telangana NTSE 2016 Notification Click Here