Mana Vooru Mana Badi is Campaigning slogan for admissions into Govt/Mandal/ZP Schools from 23rd April 2018 to 30th April 2018. For this Mana Vooru Mana Badi campaign Department of School Education has been released proceedings Rc.No.238 Dt:13/04/2018. As per the Rc. No. 238/A& I/2018 Dt: 13/04/2018 the following are certain instructions, schedule, guidelines to success the programme MANA VOORU-MANA BADI.
Complete School Admissions from 23rd April to 30th April 2018
It is proposed to take up a special campaign "Mana Vooru - Mana Badi" to complete the Admissions for academic year 2018-19 in all Government/Mandal Parishad /Zilla Parishad Schools from 23rd April to 30th April 2018.
Objective of “Mana Vooru-Mana Badi” Campaign
- To take up and complete admissions in schools for the academic year 2018-19 from 23rd April to 30th April 2018.
- Creating awareness among the parents, students and SMC members regarding opening of Parallel English Medium Sections at Class I
- To target the following categories of children for admission to Govt./MPP/ZP Primary, Upper Primary and High Schools
- Children completing 5 years of age from AWCs or others to be admitted in Class I.
- Children of the special focused groups i.e migrated, slum areas, deprived & disadvantaged groups.
- Out of School Children ( Never enrolled & Drop outs )
- Children residing in the vicinity of Model Primary Schools.
- Ensuring that, students who have completed Class V in Primary School to be admitted in class VI in Upper Primary / High Schools from 23rd April to 30th April, 2018
- Ensuring that students, who have completed Class VII/VIII are to be admitted in Class VIII/IX in High Schools from 23rd April to 30th April to reduce secondary level drop out.
- Ensuring that all the V Class / IX Class students who are targeted for Gnana Dhaara Programme to attend in the allotted centres.
- Creating awareness on Gnana Dhaara Summer Residential programme among all SMCs, students, teachers and parents.
Benefits provided in Govt. Schools to be highlighted during the campaign
- Free Education to all from classes I to X.
- Qualified, experienced and capable teachers
- Free Uniforms, Free Text Books
- Providing nutritious Mid-Day Meals with 3 eggs per week.
- Opening of parallel English Medium sections in Primary Schools at Class I from 2018-19
- Parallel English Medium Sections in High Schools.
- Providing quality education through digital class rooms and virtual class rooms.
- Lab and Library facility to the Students.
- Protected drinking water and toilet facility
- Stress free Education through Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation.
- Transport facility to the students
- Sports/Physical Education, Yoga, good play grounds in Government schools
- Bicycles to the girls of secondary schools under Badikosta scheme.
- Felicitating meritorious students with Prathibha awards
- Training to girls in martial arts
- Vocational Education
- Career guidance and counselling to students
- Providing sanitary napkins to adolescent girls under Sahaja scheme.
School Level Activity
- Details of 5 years completed children should be obtained from the local AWCs and other centres. Similarly details of the students completing 5th class in the Primary Schools and in the catchment area should be obtained.
- A meeting should be held with the AWWs and the parents of the children completing 5 years of age. They should be made aware of the benefits of joining the children in the Govt. Schools. They must be assured that good quality education will be provided to their wards.
- The Headmasters should be available from 9.00 am. to 6.00 p.m. along with one teacher for enrolling the students and reporting daily to higher authorities and uploading the details. For this purpose, the HM and one teacher will be paid @ Rs.250/-per day per Teacher per school and an amount of Rs.400/-per day for Headmaster per school should be paid. The expenditure should be incurred from SSA Funds at the District Level or from School Grants, where available. The details of admissions made should be entered in the Admissions Register.
- An admission card is to be issued to all the students getting admitted to the next class clearly indicating the class in which she/he shall be admitted in the next academic year 2018-19.
- HM should submit a report to the MEO on the admissions made in his/her respective school.
- All students successfully completing V Class in a Primary School should be admitted to the Upper Primary or High School by required coordination between the UP/High School HM and the Primary School HM/Teacher.
- The teacher should identify the catchment area around the school vicinity and ensure that maximum number of children is enrolled in the School.
- While making efforts for such enrolment, the HM/Teacher should enlist the support of School Management Committee Members, Local leaders, teachers and Head Masters of schools in the catchment area, NGOs, if any, working in the area, etc.
- After a thorough survey in the locality children studying in Government schools, children studying in Private schools, Drop out/Out of School children should be identified and all efforts made to admit them to the next class for the academic year 2018 –19.
- The Chairman and Convener should arrange for door to door campaign in the early hours of the day / evening hours with all stake holders at school level. Banners, Placards should be used for the door to door campaign highlighting the benefits provided by the Government to the school age children.
- The Brochure/ Pamphlets developed by SSA should be distributed to every parent.
- The Head Master should display the details of the children to be enrolled as entered in the register. He/She also should discuss with all stake holders the plan and procedure to admit the children in Government School.
- Post card campaign: Letters shall be drafted to the parents whose children are studying at private schools by the students by conveying the message about the effective academic activities of the school and inviting them to admit their children in the school.
- All the teachers are requested to participate in the campaign without deviating examination schedule on 23.04.2018 for better enrolment in their respective school.
- With all efforts in the campaign all are requested to ensure that the transition rate should be 100%.