Rc.82 Dt:20/12/2016 is regarding the inviting the applications for State Awards to the Female Teachers for the year 2016. The awards are presenting in memory of Smt Savitribhai Phule birth day on 3rd January of every year in the state of Andhra Pradesh as she was the 1st Women Teacher in India. The complete proceedings Rroc.No.82/A3/SSA-SIEMAT/2016 Dt:20/12/2016 regarding the process of applications for State Awards to the Female Teachers-2016 is as follows.
State Level Women Teacher Awards in the following two categories
- Regular female teachers from govt/Local body/aided schools
- Special Officers and Contract Resident Teachers from Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalayas, being schools specially run for the girls by all female teachers.
Eligibility Conditions of Teachers for considering for the Female State Awards 2016
- Only Female teachers with at least 20 years of Teaching experience and who are actually working as Teachers/Headmasters in Government/Zilla Parishad /Municipalities and Aided Institutions only shall be considered. This doesn’t apply to Special Officers and CRTs of KGBVs.
- Normally, retired teachers are not eligible for the Awards, but those Teachers who have served a part of the academic year may be considered, if they otherwise fulfill the conditions.
- Teachers from the above institutions of Physically and Mentally handicapped are also eligible for the Awards provided they fulfill as other prescribed conditions.
- Members of the Inspectorate and the Staff of Training Colleges are not eligible for the Awards.
Main Considerations for Selection of Teachers
- Special Work done for raising the Standard of Education.
- Teaching Methodology being followed by the teacher.
- Inculcating Interest in extracurricular activities among the students.
- Educational innovative writing useful to the students.
- Community Mobilizations/ Social Work/ Community Services
- Gender sensitization & Girls Education
- Women Empowerment.
- Special efforts of teacher to improve enrollment, and retention.
- Sincerity and Commitment towards the job and regularity of attendance Willingness to work in Interior areas.
- Strengthening of national integration like – NCC/ Scouts & Guides/NSS/ Other activities.
- Cultural Programs at District and state level.
- Interest in the helping the CWSN/ Back ward students/Health camps.
Final Selection shall be made by the State Selection Committee
The Final Selection shall be made by the State Selection Committee from out of the names recommended by the District Collectors from all the 13 districts. The Teachers selected by the State Selection Committee will be honored with a Gold Medal (Gold Plated silver medal), a Shawl, a Cash Award of Rs.10,000/-,Tablet and Merit Certificate.
The last date for submission of proposals by the Inspecting Officer (Mandal Educational Officer/Deputy Educational Officers) to the District Educational Officer is 20-12- 2016.
Mode of Selection
- COMMITTEE AT MANDAL LEVEL : Mandal Educational Officer as Chairman
- COMMITTEE AT DIVISIONAL LEVEL: Deputy Educational Officer as Chairman
- COMMITTEE AT DISCTRICT LEVEL: District Collector as chair CHAIRMAN